HeartMath. Tap into the power and intelligence of your heart.
Feb 27, 2021
We have been conditioned to believe that our brain is the command center of our lives. And yes, the brain is capable of making reality things we once thought impossible. But we possess a higher source of power and wisdom. Our heart.
For over 25 years, the HeartMath Institute has been researching the heart-brain connection. It studies how the heart influences our perceptions, emotions, intuition and health.
As demonstrated by The HeartMath Institute:
The heart is the most powerful source of electromagnetic energy in the human body, producing the largest rhythmic electromagnetic field of any of the body’s organs. The heart’s electrical field is about 60 times greater in amplitude than the electrical activity generated by the brain. This field can be detected anywhere on the surface of the body. Furthermore, the magnetic field produced by the heart is more than 100 times greater in strength than the field generated by the brain and can be detected up to 3 feet away from the body, in all directions.
In other words, the heart is the boss!
But are you allowing it to lead your life?
Most likely not. At least, not as often as you’d want to.
Now the big question is... How can I lead my life from my heart?
It's simpler than you think.
By getting into a space of heart-brain coherence, which is achieved by putting in practice techniques like conscious breathing combined with a powerful question.
Here's how to do it. Read these quick instructions and then take a few minutes to practice.
1. If you can, close your eyes but know that you can do this at any moment of the day, even while walking or driving. Then, start breathing a little slower and deeper than you usually would. Bring mindfulness to the act of breathing.
2. When you feel more relaxed start breathing to the count of 5. Inhale to the count of five, exhale to the count of five.
3. As you keep this rhythm, imagine as if you had a little nose in the center of your heart, and that you can breathe through it.
4. Now, bring into the eyes of your mind something, or someone that makes you feel deep appreciation. Breathe in that feeling of appreciation though your heart. Exhale appreciation.
5. When you are feeling this deep appreciation ask your heart: Next time I feel triggered, by something or someone, tell me one word, one phrase, that I can tell myself to go back to center.
6. Allow yourself to go with the first thing that your heart says.
7. Breathe in one more time, exhale, open your eyes and continue with your day.
HeartMath helps you tap into the power and intelligence of your heart – your heart’s intuition – which awakens you to the best version of yourself.
The more you practice, the more it becomes a natural state of being.
There are different HeartMath practices and the benefits are countless. So if you'd like to dive deeper into this topic check out this video to find out more about the fascinating power of the heart.